The West Indian Film Employees Federation (FWICE) issued notices Wednesday to singers Udit Narayan, Kumar Sanu and Alka Yagnik to cancel their show promoted by a Pakistani citizen Moazzma Hunain. The singers planned to perform in Dallas, USA. UU., On November 17 at an event called Throwback 90s.

This is not the first time the FWICE has issued notices. Punjabi artists Diljit Dosanjh and Mika Singh were also arrested for similar reasons. The star of Udta Punjab was asked to cancel his next performance in the United States on September 21, which was reportedly organized by a Pakistani citizen, Rehan Siddiqi. Diljit clarified the matter by adding that his deal for the program in Houston was with an entertainment network and not with the Pakistani citizen, as alleged in the body letter. The Soorma actor also said he will postpone his program in the United States. Mika was banned for acting in Pakistan and after apologizing for her mistake, the body lifted the ban.

The popular singers of the 90s will perform together at an event in the United States on November 17. But after hearing that the concert is being organized by a Pakistani citizen, Moazzma Hunain, FCIWE has asked the singers to refrain from being part of a concert that includes a Pakistani citizen.

In his letter, FWICE stated: “Behind the tensions that prevail with our neighbors, even more after the repeal of Article 370, FWICE, which considers the dignity of our country as of the utmost importance, has informed the members of the film fraternity to refrain from associating with a Pakistani national on any platform of cultural or professional activities in Pakistan or anywhere in the world. ”

Udit Narayan told After Hrs that he was not aware of the presence of a Pakistani citizen, and that he will not be doing the program now. The singer said: “Yes, I received the FWICE notice. When I signed the contract two or three months ago, I made it clear that I will not do the program if a Pakistani is involved in it. I will also issue a written statement to FWICE. I have received the highest civil awards from the government (Padma Shri and Padma Bhushan) and I will never do anything to ruin India’s reputation. ”

Veteran singer Kumar Sanu was unaware of the warning issued by the FWICE when we spoke with him. He said: “I have not received any letter so far, and I am not aware of this development. I have news of this first from you. Let me read the letter and then I will respond in my next step.” However, when we tried to call him again, there was no response from him until the moment of publication. Anyway, the artist had emphasized: “I will always support India and not participate in any activity promoted by Pakistanis.”

The singers have not yet responded to the notice FWICE sent asking them not to attend the American concert organized by a Pakistani citizen.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here